There are many factors that need to be considered when choosing a storage unit including; price, location, security, accessibility and size. While some items can be placed in a standard storage unit, others items that might be sensitive to heat, humidity, or pests require a more specialist climate-controlled storage solution.
How do you know if your valuables need to be put in a Climate-controlled storage facility?
If your answer is yes to one of the following questions, climate-controlled storage is your best choice:
1. Does the item have a high sentimental value to you?
2. Is it treasured artwork, antiques, family photos, collectibles, wooden, or sensitive electronics?
3. Is the temperature in your area unstable and prone to fluctuate quickly?
4. Can the temperature in your area rise above 90°F or drop below 32°F?
5. Is there a high level of humidity throughout the year?
6. Do you need to store your items for an extended period of time?
Why choose a Cube Fine Arts climate-controlled storage?
We’re specialists in providing climate-controlled storage services, constantly monitoring temperature and humidity levels, protecting the condition and prolonging the life cycle of your prize possession.
Take a look at our latest case study for Manchester Town Hall and our involvement in the relocation and storage of the UK’s largest pipe organ – the Cavaillé-Coll Organ.
Understanding the delicate nature and the unique challenges involved in removing this iconic instrument, we curated a bespoke loading and management storage plan for the client. Storing the Organ at a constant temperature and at the correct humidity levels throughout. It’s all in the detail!
Interested in storing your items in our climate-controlled facility?
- Our climate-controlled units are always kept within 33.8°F (1°C)
- Precisely and continuously monitors temperature and humidity levels
- Vital air integrity is maintained due to the constant air filtering at atmospheric pressure
- 24 hours digital CCTV in all areas of the perimeter
- Individually alarmed and monitored
- ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Cooling accuracy within one degree celsius
- Certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2008
- Filters air at atmospheric pressure, maintaining vital air integrity
- Continuously and precisely monitors temperature and humidity levels
- 24hr digital CCTV both outside and inside all areas of the building
Whether it’s a single item or a valuable collection, we are able to recommend a bespoke packing and storage solution to meet your requirements. Our storage specialists will manage all aspects of your storage plan, including pick-up and delivery, packaging, storage, installation and inventory services upon request.