It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas is one of the most long-awaited holidays for many of us and it will be here in a blink of an eye. Get to know 12 of the most famous Christmas artworks and admire the majesty of the season through the lens of some of the greatest painters.
1. Adoration of the Magi by Albrecht Dürer (1504)
2. Winter Landscape by Caspar David Friedrich (1811)
3. Nativity by Giotto (1303-05)
This Christmas artwork belongs to the Series named ‘Scenes from the Life of Christ’.
4. Nativity at Night by Geertgen tot Sint Jans (c 1490)
5. A Winter Scene with Skaters near a Castle by Hendrick Avercamp (1608-9)
6. The Census at Bethlehem by Pieter Bruegel the Elder (1566)
7. The Annunciation by Fra Angelico (1438-45)
8. Mystic Nativity by Sandro Botticelli (1500)
9. The Adoration of the Shepherds by Guido Reni (c 1640)
10. Snow Scene at Argenteuil by Claude Monet (1875)
11. Adoration of the Magi by Leonardo da Vinci (1481)
12. The Hunters in the Snow by Pieter Bruegel the Elder (1565)
Throughout history, the festive season has been celebrated differently across countries and regions. However, there’s one thing that these timeless Christmas artworks have in common – the beauty and emotion that the artists wish to convey to the beholders.
If you’re something of an artist or an art collector yourself, we have something to ask…
How do you keep and preserve your valuable artworks? Did you know that preserving and storing the artworks in an environment that is not climate-controlled harms their pristine condition?
With unrivalled expertise in climate-controlled storage and fine art handling, packing and moving, Cube Fine Art Services is the trusted one-stop-solution for all your storage and relocation requirements. Your valuable artworks will be kept safe and sound in our climate-controlled storage, staying clear from harmful environmental factors.